Thursday, January 18, 2007

What's that?

This is Mommy's David.
He likes to kidnap Mommy's camera and take pictures of himself when she's not looking. So I decided I would post it on my blog. Isn't he handsome? Mommy sure thinks so. I guess he's not bad looking for a hooman. He takes good care of my Mommy so I like him.
Mommy has noticed I like to hide behind the living room chair and peer out at her, particularly after we come inside from the cold, cold, cold weather. So she decided to investigate what on earth I find so interesting back here...
Well, truth be told: it's the heat vent! It's nice and warm and toasty! Sometimes I like to let the warm air blow on my face. Sometimes I like to lay my body across the whole thing and get my belly warm! Mommy thinks this is silly...I think it's just good puppy sense!
Now Mommy thinks I'm small for my age (9 1/2 mos), so she would like to start a poll of all my readers. Please let us know your age, height at the withers (shoulder), and weight. Oh yes, and your breed if you're not a boxer. I'm curious how big or small everyone is, even if Mommy just wants to know about the boxer babies. As for me, well I'm about 50 lbs last time Mommy put me on the scale, but she has no idea how tall I am...I won't hold still that long.
No I don't know the command for stand. I simply refuse to learn it!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Smart girl. Stay warm!

Cairo The Boxer said...

Ellie,

Tell your mommy not to worry. I am now a bit over two years old and I only weigh 43 lbs!!! The first year you grow tall, the second you grow wide. You already look bigger than me. There are pluses in having a "mini" boxer. You can get another boxer to make up for the extra size. I don't know how tall I am but my parents and everyone thinks I am a "mini" boxer.

Talk to you soon.

Cairo

Peanut said...

well I'm a big boy. My mom says I am at 79 lbs and fit and trim. Plus she beleives I'm about 28 inches at the withers. It's hard to measure me when I am wiggling. Oh and I'm 3. Everyone who meets me says I am the biggest boxer they have ever seen. Mom says it to but she loves me anyway. Oh and she says she would love to have a little gal like you because I am something she calls a big doofus. :)

Anonymous said...

LAYING ON THE VENTS!! GOOD GIRL!! You know what we call this is our house? He's "a lovin' on the heat!!" (he loves on the a/c in the summer too!)
Charlie is small, he is a male and about 60-65 lbs. I don't know about his measurements. I don't know if he would stay still long engough for me to get a tape measure near him. I tried to get his measurements for his coat and found out this is one of his fears...the tape measure.

Ferndoggle said...

What a smart girl you are Ellie!

I'm a svelte 40 lbs. Mom says I'm gonna fill out, but for right now, I'm smaller than my brother & sister. Just like Cairo, I'm a mini Boxer too!

Lola the other white Boxer

Anonymous said...

Hooray for mini-Boxers! I just turned a year old and am about Cairo's weight (around 43 pounds). I'm not sure what "withers" are, but Mommy's been chasing me around with the tape measure and she's guessing it's about 17 inches from the floor to my shoulders. The best part about being small is being able to squeeze my body into the space between the couch and the heating vent (my favorite place in the whole wide world!).

xoxo - Bella

Sparky said...

I wish I had some vents to lay on! Instead, I'm forced to be a pupcicle.

I'm a Puggle (designer dog extrodinaire, and cross between a Pug and a Beagle), about 5 months old and weigh 16.2 lbs. I will (hopefully) get to about 30 lbs when I am big. Right now, I'm just a little guy with a lot of love.