Sunday, July 23, 2006

AHEM! Let me clear my throat!

Hello all! I need to express some thoughts on the following subjects...

No matter what Mommy insists, I do not snore. I am a beautiful, peaceful sleeper and sometime I cuddle too much, but I do NOT snore!!! This particular morning Mommy caught me back in her bed when she got out of the shower. I was sound asleep. Oh...and about that noise I make when she's gone...I believe they call it a "woo woo", well I've learned how to "woo woo" and Mommy thinks it's really funny. She's been sad this week so I "woo woo" for her to cheer me up and then she takes me to the dog park to hang out with our friends!


Do not let the tennis ball fool, you...I'm not that big...it's that small! The ball is "puppy sized". And while I'm speaking my mind on things I might as well ask? What is so fun about you throwing a ball and me constantly chasing after it??? And if you throw it, why should I bring it back to you when I just know you're going to throw it again???

Attention all Mommies: if you leave toys where puppies can get them, we will take the initiative to play with them. Mommy got me this new rope toy for the beach, but when we got there it wasn't in the beach bag...I stole it out before we left and had flung behind the couch so she wouldn't notice.

Next...whey do I have to be clean??? I'm a puppy. To be dirty or not to be dirty is not the question! This was after we returned from the lake yesterday! Mommy and I were both covered in dirt so...you guessed it...weekend bath time! At least the lake was fun!

Finally...

I must say a word to the inconsiderate, to the rude, and to the cowardly...and in particular to the male half of the human species that fall in one or more of these categories!
It makes me really mad when Mommy is upset. If you are going to upset her...don't. I'm getting to be a big puppy now and I will deal with you in my own due course! (Grrrr...) Why do you have to be so mean to my Mommy? If you can't be nice...stay away! She's a good Mommy and she spoils me and loves me! Maybe one day she'll find me a daddy who can be nice to me AND her.

And to everyone else...I hope you have a fantastic weekend! I'm off to chew on my bison bone! Woo hoo!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm sorry your mom is sad, Ellie. Tell her to keep her chin up. The right man will come along someday, and in the mean time, she has you to love!

PS: Cool trick with the rope toy.

MJ's doghouse said...

HI Ellie...I am sure you big slobbery kisses make your mommy feel better...i think they should put bad men at the pound...mommy could take in the man and bring out a puppy who will love her unconditionally...make we can start a petition...i love your blog....MJ

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Ellie,

I know what you mean about snoring ! Everyone says that I snore - but I find it hard to believe that a lady like myself could be so uncouth ! So, I find it even harder to believe that you would snore !!!
Do you need me to send over Charlie - the Big Dog - to sort out those mean ole men that are making your mum unhappy ? He is pretty big, and wouldn't be very happy to find out that one of our bloggers mummy's is sad !!!! We all need to stick together at dogswithblogs ! GRRRRR - I say !!!!(Some)men are stupid !!!

Lots of love,
Opy

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Ellie,

Don't even get our mom started talking about men. The only thing the last one did right was give Roxie to Mom. Now Mom has three of us and we don't need him anymore. We make Mom really, really happy ... just like you make your mom really, really happy.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Opy has a good idea - maybe we can have a pound for men. They can all stay in cages and would have to have all their shots before they could come home. Plus we can put them in a little room and see if we get along with them before we take them home.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»