Thursday, July 27, 2006

We're Having' a Heat Wave

A Heat Wave blew into town last week...
Came from the isle of Martinique....

The only good thing to do during a heat wave is to sleep through it...

And on the odd occasion when you have to wake up,
Make sure to strategically place yourself in front of a fan!

At first I didn't like the way the fan blew my ears...but I decided it was better to have my ears blown than to be so doggone hot! Oh ya...and don't forget to bring a snack! I chose my favorite pigs ear!



And get your Mommy to feed you ice cubes.
It took some time, but I figured out the best way to hold 'em so I don't have to chase them all over the floor. Mommy started by putting them in my water bowl, but I just kept taking them out Mmm...Mommy loves me because she gives me lots and lots of ice cubes.

Tomorrow is a big day, too! I get to go back to my grandparents house and see Uncle Bernie. I'm very excited...and after perfecting our play technique, we are perfecting how much we can harrass grandma! Woohoo!

And thanks to everyone who sent Mommy notes to cheer her up!
Mommy is happy again!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

I hope it is not too hot for you to play with Uncle Bernie!

Ellie said...

Cubby,

Luckily the grandparents have a/c unlike Mommy and me, so their house is cool and Uncle Bernie and I can terrorize all the humans inside. :)

Nubbily Wiggles,
Ellie

Cairo The Boxer said...

How fun! I love ice cubes!! My whole family is glad your feeling better :) too bad you live so far away my mommy LOVES to set people up. My parents are kinda young (mom is 26 and dad is 25) and they have LOTS of single friends.

mom wants everyone to get married and have boxers! hee hee hee :)

Ellie said...

Cairo,

If your mommy has any friends in Montana, send 'em her way! Most of the potential daddy's she brings home are crazies!!! My mommy is 25 too! Mommy needs to find me a daddy so we can have a big family with lots and lots of boxers!!! ;)

Nubbily Wiggles,
Ellie

Sam I Am said...

Ellie
Delightful
I love ice cubes!!I like the sound they make when I chew them.My have you grown, have fun with Uncle Bernie!

Lots of Licks!

Anonymous said...

The fan is the best place to be in the middle of a heat wave!! In my mommy and daddies old house the had central air and I used to lay on the vents! Now that was the life!!!Nubblies, Charlie the Boxer

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»