Thursday, July 06, 2006

At my grandparents house...

Well, life at the grandparent's house is going well.

Me and Bernie like hanging out in the long garden. Bernie and I have become good buddies, but on the days he's not feeling good he doesn't want to play and sometimes he gets mad because I always want to play! See how big I am next to him! I'm just big enough to climb all over him which he doesn't really like but I don't care...I do it anyway!

Remember when I was this small?

This is me now...one month later... in grandma's kitchen waiting for treats.

I have to guard my food from Bernie...he keeps trying to steal it from me. I get special food because I'm so skinny and Bernie thinks it's really good stuff, but he can't eat it or he'll get fat. Notice one eye on my food, the other on Bernie!

For a snack I attack the tomato plant and eat the leaves. Mmm...tasty! I also like to snack on dirt, rocks and Bernie's ears. Yummy!

To keep me from harrassing Bernie too much, Mommy and grandma keep giving me pig's ears to chew on. I love them! They taste super yummy! And I love to perch at the top of the stairs with my pig's ear and watch everything going on in the house. It's great place to not miss anything...and keep my eye on Uncle Bernie and make sure he's not stealing my toys!

10 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hey, don't fill up on the tomato plants. You'll never gain any weight that way. But don't grow up any more! All of the boxers are so much bigger than we are. How can we play with you if you are three or four times bigger??

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Cairo The Boxer said...

Hi Elli,

What kind of food does your mommy give you? My mom wants to fatten me up she thinks I am too skinny. I hope you had a great 4th.

Mommy doesn't give me pig ears anymore because I would have bad poo poo. I loved the pig ears they just didn't love me. Talk to you soon.

Ellie said...

Hi Cairo,

Well here is my routine of food. Mommy gives me the following daily:

-2 1/2 slices of PetBotanics semi-moist dog food rolls in Beef & Brown Rice 3x/day (my primary food)
-constantly available Nutro Natural Choice puppy kibble (which I don't usually eat...unless it's after 11 pm for some reason).
-10cc of pedialyte 2x/day
-2 pettab puppy vitamins
-3 tsp Enercal hi calorie appetite stimulant paste 2x/day
-10 vitakraft yogurt drops 2x/day (plus some for treats if Bernie and I are good).
-5 Authority Liver treats for Dogs 2x/day.

Quite a repertoire wouldn't you say!?! I didn't realize what I was getting. Probably more info than you were looking for...but all is available at Petsmart (with the exception of the Pedialyte). And despite all this, Mommy's still having trouble getting me to gain enough weight. Her boss told her I don't even look like a boxer I'm so skinny. He's just a poop!

If you have any other food questions, just let my Mommy know.

Nubby wiggles,
Ellie

MJ's doghouse said...

You are so cute ellie...i want to come and sniff your little white belly...

Sam I Am said...

ellie~
my are you growing.you are so cute we want to send you lots of hugs and licks.Have an AWESOME weekend!!

Deanna said...

You sure a brave guarding your food from that big dog!

Anonymous said...

Wow - sounds like you have a high metabolism! My sister could use one of those! Bet you would gain weight with hamburgers and hot dogs - maybe you should ask for those!

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hey,

No Fair!

I LOVE pigs ears - my stupid human dad used to buy them for me a few years ago. But I havent had one for a LONG time!

I think I am gonna go bury his shoes, and his digital camera!

Chuck

Ivy said...

wow! pig ears sound so yummy. i love eating rawhide chips. my peepol have tomato plants too but i dont eat them.

wen my friend abby comes over she likes to eat the tomatoes that fall on the ground but they maker her tummy feel rumbly.

hope you grow big and strong with all that good food to eat!

Cairo The Boxer said...

Eli,

Come out come out where ever you are....