Thursday, August 17, 2006

A prayer for Uncle Bernie

My Uncle Bernie is not well!

He's been sick for along time: a couple handful of bladder stones, a weak heart, and a growth on his spleen.

Well, Bernie's particularly not feeling well today. He's moving slow and doesn't want to play.

Please say a special Puppy Prayer for my Uncle Bernie that he will feel better and not be in any pain. Mommy is very sad because she is still in DC and she wishes she could be here with him. I try to tell her on that phone thing that it's ok, because I'm here with him and I'm keeping him company with grandma. Mommy tells me it might be time for him to go to the big kennel in the sky, and I don't really know what it means, but it sounds nice. I just want him to be able to play again without hurting. I love him very much and he's my favorite puppy playmate.

I will keep you all posted on how he does. (Shh...don't tell Mommy that I borrowed her laptop!!)

Nubbily Wiggles,
Ellie

7 comments:

MJ's doghouse said...

OH Ellie...could you please give your uncle bernie a big ole MJ slobberkiss for me...I had a tummy ache today and I understand what it is like to feel yucky...

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellie,
Thats very sad about Uncle Bernie. I'll send healing prayers his way. Give him some gentle cuddles and kisses.
Shannon

Theresa said...

Ellie, give your uncle Bernie big kisses and nubby waggles from me.

Unknown said...

I hope your uncle Bernie feels better soon!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Ellie,

We are sending Uncle Bernie all our positive healing thoughts - I hope he gets better soon. We are all thinking of him - and you are looking after him too, which has to help.

Love to you, your Grandma, your mommy & Uncle Bernie.

Opy, and all at DogswithBlogs

Deanna said...

Poor Bernie! Boxer healing vibes coming his way...

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Dachsie Healing Thoughts for Uncle Bernie coming your way. We want all doggies to feel good but we understand that sometimes that doesn't happen. We hope Uncle Bernie is running around and playing with again soon.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy