Monday, June 26, 2006

Ahhh!! What a weekend!

First I took a nap in my new favorite chair. Mommy was hard at work
and from this chair, I can keep a good eye on her!
Saturday, I went to Puppy Preschool and played with my friend Gretchen. She helped me clean the hotdog off my face that Mommy gave me as treats. Gretchen and I now know how to sit, lay down, take it, leave it and walk on a loose leash...and after only two classes!!!


Sunday morning I slept in. I crept into Mommy's bed while she was in the shower. You know, it's much more comfortable than that bathmat I was laying on. I wish someone would have let me know sooner! Of course, I fell asleep and got caught when Mommy got out!

And of course...we've learned that no weekend of mine would be complete without a trip to the dogpark followed by this awful thing Mommy calls a bath. My friend Cairo tells me I need to find away for Mommy to just let me stay dirty...the problem is Mommy thinks I'm clean then she gives me a bath and sees all that dirty water and wants to give me more baths!

What's a girls to do???

Happy Monday All!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your Mom to play the towel game with you after your bath .. it's so much fun that you'll look forward to your bath! We play it all the time - I run around like a lunatic and Mom throws the towel over me. Then I roll over and over until the towel comes off. Or sometimes I run in circles biting the towel. We play this until I'm dry - it's way fun!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Ellie,
You look like you are in absolute heaven sleeping on your mum's bed ! What a smile you have goin' on there ! I need to take some tips from you - after my one night inside when I came home from the vets, I have had to go outside again with Charlie ! Oh, the horror !
Hope you have read the blog entry that my mum wrote about my test results, they were much better than we expected :-)
Love
Opy

Cairo The Boxer said...

Awww eli,

You have grown like a weed! Sorry abotu the bath I guess since your white the dirt shows up. Good luck next week.

Cairo The Boxer said...

So um Eli, your mom doesn't let you sleep in her bed? Eli we need to talk I will teach you all the tricks he he he he. Maybe when your potty trained?

Deanna said...

You are so cute! Baths are no fun, but try tearing around the house and jumping on the bed afterwards. Then your mom will think twice before then next bath...hmmm....is a clean dog worth wet sheets?